Monday, August 25, 2008

J-E-L-L-O

Watch it wiggle, see it jiggle, smooth and fruity, Jello brand gelatin.

That's as much as I remember. I know that there is more, something about "through all the world", but I just can't remember it. I will Google it later.

A post about Jello, I really have lost writing inspiration, huh? No. It will make sense.

I have told you that I have been planning lately. I took a picture of my desk to post, but I am ashamed to do such. I have my lesson plans, chore charts, menu plans, and all sorts of charts and lists spread over my desk. We leave for vacation this week and I want it all clean before I leave.

This is where you can help me. You will actually have to comment. I know I have a lot of lurkers and readers, but I need recipes.

I have made a two week menu plan that I will rotate. Since we are home all day, I have planned three meals a day and desserts on a couple of nights. I have looked up homemade pizza crust recipes (whole wheat), pancake mixes (whole wheat and oatmeal), and lots of other nutritious budget friendly recipes. I have picky eaters and I try to get as much good food in them as I can.
This is where your recipes can help.

As a child of the '70s, I have a love for congealed salads. My friend at church makes the best cranberry congealed salad you have ever eaten (and Key Lime cake too!....and chicken salad!) The only Jello recipe I know is to put fruit in it. So, please come to my rescue. I have empty spots on the menu plan, and that will not do.

I am looking for Jello side dishes or desserts. Or if you have a family favorite side dish. Or a homemade "mix" recipe, bring them on.

See where it says "comments", click on that and give me a recipe.

1....2.....3.....go!!!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

My mother in law is the queen of these---I will get you some recipes. The one that freaks me out the most, however, is the one that she fixes and everyone but me puts a dollop of mayo on it. I HATE mayo--but the jello part is really good...

Sonya

Mrs. Jones said...

I'm loving reading your blogs, my Friend! I hope y'all are having FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Start planning for a TN vacation...to see us!!! I love you!!!