Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's always something!


I know it has been a few days since I posted last. There is always something going on around here. So here is the latest..............

He was playing "Hide-n-Seek" on Sunday night at church. He fell in some uneven grass and landed face first on the sidewalk. The other boys came running to get me saying that he was bleeding all over the place. We had a nurse at the church take a look and make sure we didn't need stitches and nothing was broken. Praise the Lord, it was just bad scrapes. I was worried about a broken nose or broken teeth.

This week was our checkup with the broken collarbone with my other son. The doctor walked in and asked me what in the world was going on at my house. I said, "Two boys, it's always something!"

I know there is something to learn. Once again, we were blessed with an injury that we can watch God heal. Just to sit and think about how God has made our bodies, it is amazing! The instant the bleeding stops, the body has begun healing. We are wonderfully made. (Psalm 139) I think we go through our daily lives without thinking about all that goes on in our bodies. To think that all these complex systems and genetic codes just happened by chance is ridiculous. The more I learn about how the body works, especially on the cellular level, the more I am awestruck by the Design and the Designer.

We are amazed as we watch God heal both the boys. He is the Great Physician.

"For I am the LORD who heals you." Exodus 15:26

1 comment:

JenB said...

Boys. There's always some kind of injury around here too! And Becca has her fair share, I might add.

Hope he's healing nicely!