Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Home Sweet Home, part 3

We started our first year of homeschooling. We did not know we would have so many changes this year.

My husband and I felt a call to change churches. We had a friend entering the ministry and he received his call for his first church, and God had placed it in our hearts to go with him. This changed our lives dramatically.

The combination of homeschooling and our church change was a lesson from God. I learned to daily seek Him as never before. I needed His strength to carry me through. I learned that true worship and prayer is a personal experience with God, not all in a worship service. I saw God move in lives and in a church as I never had before. I was on the front row seat to see the hand of God at work in my life. Because I was paying attention. I could write pages about what God taught me and my family that first year. I can truly say that I am not the same person I was before, and praise Him for that!

Our first year homeschooling adventure was amazing. It still makes me tear up, thinking that I almost missed the blessing. It was not about formal education at all. It was about our family and a life of learning. I am glad that I obeyed.

As we enter our fourth year, I get excited to think of all the “plans” we have. We have a big year with new curriculum. We are studying Creation and Ancient Civilizations, and have big field trips planned. But what most excites me are the plans that I don’t know about. The plans that God has for this year and what He will be teaching us are far better than any I could ever come up with.

I will let you know what I learn.

No comments: