Thursday, September 4, 2008

My annual review




These are my three boys. We took our family vacation last week and went to the beach to my parents' beach house. We usually take our vacation the week that all the schools start--one of the perks of homeschooling!

The boys played in the sand and tidal pools. They played in the pool. They played together at the house. We had a really good time as a family.

The last afternoon we were there, we stayed at the ocean all afternoon. We were the only ones out there.
.
I always sit there on the last day and just watch and think. I think I am trying to make snapshots in my memories for later years. I want to remember the boys at this age and how much fun they have together. Next year will be different, they will be a year older....and so will I... and they will be different. It is a little sad to think about, but it is part of life.
.
I sit in my chair and have a conversation with God. I even talk outloud sometimes. The ocean is loud, and with the wind blowing no one else can hear. I praise Him and sing. I thank Him for the time we have as a family. I thank Him for the honor and privilege of being a wife and mother. It may be my own version of my "yearly job evaluation" ......what am I doing right?? what am I doing wrong?? what do I need to change?? There is always something that needs changing or I need to be doing better.
.
But you know what never changes..........Him. He is always faithful. He is always the same. He loves me and praise Him, His mercies are new every morning. I don't have to wait until next August. I can meet Him every day.
.
"The LORD's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease. For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness."
Lamentations 3: 22-23

3 comments:

Faith said...

So glad ya'll had a great trip! I'm so thankful that His mercies are new every morning.

I hope ya'll have a wonderful week!

Mrs. Jones said...

Hey Lady! I'm even more excited about our beach trip in October!!! And yes, PRAISE HIM!!!! If His mercies weren't new every morning, I'd be useless!!!! I love you!!!

Erica said...

I love that you always seem to have your mind on the Lord. You're awesome, girl.