Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gone but not forgotten..........

September 11, 2001.

I got up this morning and turned on the News to see what they were doing in rememberance of that horrible day...........................nothing.

All the networks were going on with programming as usual. FoxNews Channel did have coverage and MSNBC was airing the tapes from that day, but nothing on any other channel.

My oldest son got up and he watched with me. This is the first year I have let him. I explained it all to him as we watched it. He wanted to know why people would help to hide the person that organized all of this. A hard question to answer. It was a morning full of hard questions.

I called my dad, the newsaholic, to ask if he had seen any more coverage. Sadly, no he had not.

Have people forgotten? Or does it still upset them and they just pretend it didn't happen? Or do they not care? I don't have an answer.

I had to explain to my son about people not liking the United States, but this is my explanation...

The idea of freedom is nothing that the United States came up with. It is from God. This idea of freedom is what upsets people. They want to force others into their way of thinking through hatred and death. The problem is not with them and the US. The problem is with them and God's idea of freedom. Our nation's founders based the nation on God's principles, and now we have to defend those ideas.

We remember.

"With great price, obtained I this freedom." Acts 22:28

No comments: