Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another year older

Today is my birthday.

I am getting closer and closer to another decade. But why do you always feel 17 inside, 'cause the outside sure does not.

I have been trying to figure out what to write. It is much easier to write about my children or my husband on their birthdays.

Today is the day that the Lord chose for me to be born. There is some significance in that. He is the One that numbers our days, so I am sure He had a reason for it.

I was born almost two months early. My mother tells the story of how the doctor did not tell her until the next day that he was surprised that I lived through the night. The other family story is that I was two years old until I was "paid off", from all of the medical bills.

I guess it is a day to reflect on my life and what God has done. He continues to amaze me, that His lovingkindness towards me continually renews. I love Him more and more, with each year...each day...each hour that passes. I guess that is the lesson from my birthday.........Great is His Faithfulness!!

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:13-18, 23-24

4 comments:

Faith said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!! I hope it was wonderful!!!

JenB said...

So i totally missed your birthday! Bloglines stinks! I just saw you had a new post. Well, I hope it was a good one!

Sonya said...

So sorry I missed your birthday! Hope it was good! Thanks again for being such a godly example for me and the other Stepping Up ladies.
Can't wait 'til the next one!

Mrs. Jones said...

Okay...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and I've been staring at the same post for TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!! Get with it, will you? And...when are you coming to see me???????