Monday, October 27, 2008

You would think I would learn.......

This is a spill my guts post, just because I need to.

Last week, my family went to the Creation Museum. It was a wonderful trip and I will post about it later in the week, along with pictures. I was immersed in the world of Genesis, a book I love. We learned of Adam and Eve, Noah, Babel, Abraham and lots of wonderful evidence for our Creator. Learning about the faithful.

Yesterday, my youngest son was sick and we were not able to go to church. I spent the day in my Bible and watching preaching on TV.....good preachers, not bad ones.

I watched a well known preacher. He was preaching on the parable of the sower and the seed. I love that parable, there is much to learn. He had a point that struck me about the sustaining power of God's Word and having the faith to believe it.

After he was through, I watched another church and their annual Night to Honor Israel. The guest speaker did a wonderful presentation of the idea of God blessing those who bless Israel. This was the promise God gave Abraham when his faith was counted unto righteousness.

After that was through, I watched an apologetics show on the parables of Jesus. Jesus was trying to show the "religious" people they had it wrong about works. We still do it today, by forgetting the grace we are saved by, but wanting others to receive judgment.

After that, I found a movie about Joseph that was coming on. It was really good. They ordered a few things wrong, but all the parts of the story were there. It was told in flashback, as Joseph telling Potiphar his story. I liked it, and cried when Joseph forgives his brothers....like I didn't know it was coming!

Today, my oldest son and I were studying Mesopotamia and the call of Abram. We talked of how Abram had faith to believe God and obey.

So....where am I going with all this. I have been surrounded with Scripture, even on the computer...I am looking for verses to put on my walls. But, am I believing them?

You would think I would learn, that this is the perfect recipe for a stumble or a pitfall. It is always the same one, for me it is one thing, and for you it is probably something else, but it works the same way. The ideas come in my mind, the whispers of insecurity, and the feelings start. I see it for what it is now, not like times in the past. It does not mean that the feelings that come up don't hurt. I just know to go to God with them and cry to Him to help me...He can be trusted, my feelings can't.

Tonight, I watched The Way of the Master on TV. Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort did a whole show on how our senses can not be trusted. Only the infallible Word of God can be trusted.

This time, I don't want to stumble. I want to believe. I choose to believe.

"I life up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD watches over you- the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."

Psalm 121

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Love the ending verses...that Stepping Up study does apply to life doesn't it? Praying for you girl...direct some this way, I need it too!