Sunday, November 23, 2008

A new twist on pumpkin!!

I love pumpkin recipes! I am willing to try any new pumpkin one I find. I make a pumpkin dip for gingersnaps that I really like. And I have a new favorite, a pumpkin cobbler.....it is wonderful!

I am sharing the recipe in hopes of changing your traditional pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving to this easy dessert.

Pumpkin Cobbler

1 large can pumpkin pie mix (with the sugar and spices in it)
1 large can evaporated milk
4 eggs
1 box spice cake mix
1 stick butter
2 cups chopped pecans/walnuts (your preference)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the pumpkin pie mix, eggs, and evaporated milk together. Pour into greased 11x13 casserole dish. Melt butter and mix with dry cake mix and nuts. Crumble mixture over pumpkin in casserole dish. DO NOT MIX TOGETHER. Bake for 1 hour. Serve warm with Cool Whip or ice cream.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Faith said...

Mmmmm! That sounds really yummy. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!